Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Mastercard Foundation Recruitment 2020.
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance youth learning in Africa. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Lead, Digital Economy
- Work closely with the Country Team staff to achieve team goals.
- Provide digital technology expertise to support the design and management of programs that leverage technology to scale country-level inclusive education, financial and labor systems in Africa.
- Diagnose and contribute expertise on digital enabling environment and policy to inform country strategy design, partnership development, and monitoring processes.
- Work closely with the program and country teams to leverage synergies across programs and across geographies.
- Support and/or Manage current or future programs as appropriate, distilling learnings for the country and technical teams as well as wider Foundation staff.
- Contribute insights to the Foundation’s thought leadership on digital skills development in Africa by writing blogs, attending and presenting at conferences and identifying other opportunities to share and deepen learning.
- Assist in expanding the Foundation team’s capacity relating to digital skills development and digital policy, by sharing learning, facilitating training and supporting country teams.
- Support the design and delivery of appropriate mechanisms to monitor effectiveness and impact of skills development interventions in close collaboration with the Impact team.
- Participate in governance activities related to programs, such as investment committees, advisory committees or other stakeholder fora to provide oversight or elevate and leverage learnings.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, key stakeholders at the country-level, communities of practice and global stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in education, business, or a technology-related field.
- Ten (10) plus years of experience working with the private and non-profit sectors, particularly in a role relating to digital technology and skills development in Africa.
- Experience in a commercial function in at least one relevant digital technology industry focused on low income customers – e.g. product management, strategy, design.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies and sectors with potential for emerging markets – software solutions, app or platform providers, venture capital, incubators, digital financial services providers, e-government, data analytics, etc.
- Experience successfully procuring and managing consultants and technology vendors and suppliers to achieve goals.
- Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
- Command of quantitative and qualitative business analytics
- Experience working with the non-profit or public sectors, particularly in a role relating to digital technology.
- Experience with entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of African social, economic and political contexts.
- Experience living and/or working in Africa.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English required.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proactive, engaged and a self-starter.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- High emotional intelligence and comfort with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of digital inclusion policy is an asset.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.