Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for RTI International Recruitment 2020.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
- Company: RTI International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Chief of Party
Responsible for the overall implementation of the project by ensuring the integration of project activities through:
- the annual work plan and budgeting process;
- creating/maintaining an effective project management team;
- overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Master’s degree in international development, education, public administration or related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in similar education intervention activities, and experience managing complex international donor-funded development activities in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated leadership, effective organizational development, partnership-building, managerial, team-building and communication skills.
- Proven ability to coordinate with government stakeholders, as well as non-governmental organizations.
Job Title: Senior Reading Specialist
Responsible for management, oversight and direction of the reading program.
Responsibilities include providing technical direction towards reading policy, coordinating all training, advising on teaching methodologies, leading the technical dialogue on reading with national and sub-national government levels, managing the reading team.
- PhD (preferred) in education with a focus on reading competencies and outcomes.
- Minimum of 6 years of a demonstrated track record of working in area of reading.
Job Title: Regional Managers
- Manage the regional office, including setting up office systems, supervising technical and support staff and human resources systems and procedures, manage financial and accounting systems.
- Oversee implementation of project activities in assigned region including:
- Liaising with education leaders, school communities, and other local functionaries
- Organizing training and development workshops
- Establishing and engaging multi-stakeholder counterpart teams at regional and local levels
- Organizing and implementing of community and school level activities
- Identifying and assessing the capabilities of regional NGOs, CBOs, and other partners
- Disbursing per diems and ensuring payment tracking
- Overseeing regional grantees
- Coordinate with Regional and Head Office technical staff to ensure technical assistance needs are addressed.
- Oversee the engagement, training and support of region-based staff.
- Contribute to Project Annual Work Planning, quarterly reporting, monitoring and evaluation and other reporting needs as requested.
- Participate in periodic project planning meetings.
- Coordinate with regional staff of other education organizations and other donor projects.
- Abide by all environmental, safety, and health guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Education or related field.
- At least 6 years of experience managing staff, budgets, and logistics to coordinate a large-scale program, preferably in the education sector.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, human resources and/or financial administration of projects.
- Experience managing international donor projects and USAID experience highly desirable.
- Superior integrity, work habits, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluent in English language.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, and QuickBooks.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Responsible for establishing and managing the project’s overall M&E system, tracking all progress made towards meeting program/contract results, indicators, and targets, including impacts on access, retention, reading outcomes, community engagement, gender, and disability-inclusive measures, ensuring that they are being consistently and systematically tracked and reported.
- Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in M&E on donor-funded projects with demonstrated supervisory experience
- Proficiency in English and data management and analysis tools (such as Stata, SPSS, DevResults) required.
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Manager
- Responsible for senior-level financial and administrative, operational, and HR functions for the project, including compliance and reporting requirements.
- Will coordinate and consolidate the projection of monthly, quarterly, and annual expenditures, and prepare pipeline estimates for the project.
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, or other relevant field
- 6 years of experience or a bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience.
- Prior experience overseeing finances for a USAID-funded project of a similar size and complexity required.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and fluency in English required.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
- Responsible for supporting the Chief of Party in the management of staff, capacity building and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that may include implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc., in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Master’s degree (preferred) in education, social sciences or related field preferred
- A minimum of 9 years of relevant experience in the field of capacity development and/or institutional strengthening required.
Job Title: Communications Manager
- Conduct an intensive media outreach campaign to raise awareness of the Project.
- Provide news releases to radio, television, and electronic media.
- Organize periodic meetings for the champion local governments to exchange experiences and reinforce their efforts for change.
- Organize Innovations Fairs; prepare case studies and other Project-related documentation; and update the Project’s Website.
- Work with technical managers to write success stories, lessons learned, and activity reports.
- Ensure USAID and project branding guidelines are adhered to.
- Develop other communication tools (newsletters, pamphlets, project briefs) as needed.
- Identify appropriate ways to publicize and disseminate project related information and materials; design and develop project materials and publications.
- Develop an information resource database for the project; collect and compile materials from team members for sharing and submitting to USAID website.
- Work closely with other team members to gather and synthesize project related technical information and data.
- Assure branding plan is followed on all project documents, reports, and public information materials.
- Write articles on project activities including technical notes, best practices and lessons learned and contributions to USAID publications and local media outlets.
- Contribute to the development and preparation of annual work plans, quarterly reports and other reports to USAID; edit documents.
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s processes, systems and departments/units by helping develop and strengthen links between them to facilitate exchange of information.
- Masters degree and 9 years of experience or Bachelors Degree and 12 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent capabilities in written and spoken English.
- Good skills with personal computers and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders.
Job Title: Teaching & Learning Director
- Develop an approach to effective teacher training and coaching across all levels of the system.
- Plan and coordinate the roll out of teacher training for learning across target regions.
- Supervise and manage staff in delivery of teacher training and coaching.
- Establish and maintain regular policy and technical dialogue with the Ministry of Education and other relevant agencies with respect to teacher training and coaching.
- Supervise the performance of master trainers on a sample basis to determine if teachers are applying the intervention and lessons as planned, and provide structured support to regional and other resource persons for future support of teachers.
- Provide regular support to the Ministry of Education identified teacher training experts with respect to the experience and lessons learned.
- Provide feedback to curriculum developers to further enhancement of curriculum and lesson plans as related to the delivery of the materials.
- Contribute to various assessments related to time on task, teacher effectiveness, and other aspects that play a role in effective teaching.
- Provide support to government agencies and other partners for the transfer of teacher training approaches, skills, and documents.
- Coordinate with RTI home office staff to ensure a regular influx of new ideas, innovations, and lessons learned.
- Integrate IT platforms into teacher training and coaching to be used by various providers.
- Conduct sporadic assessments of student performance to determine the progress, as well as assessment of teacher uptake of the EGL materials.
- Master’s Degree in education with 6 years or relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience in developing teacher training curricula and coordinating teacher training activities and inputs.
- Significant experience in education development for reading and math in early grades.
- Established working relationships with education government counterparts.
- Experience in meaningful collaboration with government and ministry counterparts, and local capacity development.
- Proven ability as a facilitator/trainer and manager.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply for RTI International Recruitment
Interested applicants for the following positions should send CV/resume to: [email protected]
English language CVs required. Please put the position titles and applicant name in the subject line.
Application Deadline: May 9, 2020