Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for SNV Netherlands Development Organisation Recruitment 2020.SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a non-profit international development organization, established in the Netherlands in 1965. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, SNV makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services.
- Company: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Administrative & Procurement Officer
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the key responsibilities of the Administrative and Procurement Officer will include:
- Provide the highest standards of procurement services and advice to the project team of SNV in Ghana in accordance with the established rules, regulations and processes;
- Ensure the integrity and transparency of the procurement process and compliance with the EU’s and SNV’s Financial Regulations and Rules and relevant internal policies;
- Implement proper procurement planning every year in coordination with relevant Teams in order to ensure cost-effective solicitation of goods and services;
- Identify and fully understand the details and conditions of the best procurement methods to be used for maximized competitive bidding process through pre-qualification exercise, i.e. Call for Expression of Interest or Request for Information. Launch of Request for Quotations, Requests for Proposals and Invitation to Bid inviting vendors to submit their quotations/prices or proposals based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved;
- Ensure with requesting project team members the availability of funding sources based on EU´s and SNV’s Financial Regulations and Rules to award contract(s) to the selected suppliers who are able to meet the specifications and offer the best terms;
- Prepare evaluation reports, abstracts or financial comparison matrix of offers, compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to cost, quality, delivery time, payments terms and others;
- Ensure preparation and review for completeness of various cases for submissions to the dedicated Contracts Review Committee;
- Submit for approvals agreements and contracts to the Project Manager;
- Provide clarifications and advice on EU´s and SNV’s procurement procedures and practices; respond to queries about the status of delivery raised by requisitioner and about payment and other matters raised by the suppliers;
- Perform a wide range of office support, for events and workshops contributing to the efficient and effective management of the administrative and procurement activities;
- Assist project staff with all professional administrative procedures including processing requests for visas, addressing diplomatic papers and procedures, etc.;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of contractual agreements and purchase orders;
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible procurement and administrative work experience
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and grants focused on ensuring compliance with established rules and regulations
- Knowledge of EU procedures and regulations desirable
- Ability, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with Management, high integrity, and commitment to transparency
Language: Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
* Women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply.