Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Standard Bank Group Recruitment 2020/2021.
- Company: Standard Bank Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Upper West Region
- Job type: Full-Time.
Job Title: Financial Crime & Client Due Diligence Officer
Strategy (Responsibilities that are related to the development and implementation of a strategy)
- Input to Country/Client Business operating model design of relevant FCC and business processes.
- Perform task assigned by Head, Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) and Clinet Due Diligence (CDD) Operations in respect risk associated with clients ob the bank.
- Support Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations to set and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the Country/Department, consistent with the vision and strategy for bank and in support of the Group’s strategic direction and growth aspirations.
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
- Support Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations to analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevants business area and its operations.
- Support Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations to ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded to all stakeholders in coordination with group communications.
- Support Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations to resolve competing requirements between regulations, for example between AML regulations and data privacy/bank secrecy or information security regulations.
- Automated and manual suspicious activity report investigation, review and submission to the local regulator.
- Management of the information around suspicious activity reports, including maintenance of a log, and tracking of responses to the local regulator or authority.
- Generation and maintenance of suspicious activity report management information and analysis for reporting to stakeholders.
- Assigned the responsibility for performing cases investigations transaction monitoring, surveillance, nae screening and client due diligence escalations.
- Responsibility for ad hoc AML investigations assigned by Head, FCC and CDD Operations.
- Management of any cash threshold reporting or other obligations, including obligations around over-the-counter cash limits.
- Management of local watch lists database as directed by the Head, FCC.
- Support Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations in providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in Country to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Support Country Head, FCC to function as (second line) Risk Control Owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework for those aspects of Regulatory Compliance relating to (AML/Sanctions/ABC), and escalate issues as appropriate.
People and Talent:
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Support Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations to deliver on the approved training curriculum for staff.
- Support Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations to maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans.
- Support Country Head, FCC to establish and maintain watch lists used for customer and transaction screening and various other due diligence and investigative purposes.
- Ensure to apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Ensure to make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions and escalate any issues to Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations.
- Inform Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure support in the resolution of identified risk.
- Ensure to anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the business as a whole and assist to develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Support Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations to oversee the review and analysis of the client base to identify and manage high risk clients, or specific country reviews.
- Support in the tracking and remediation of FCC investigations related regulatory findings and internal audits.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure the Country Head, FCC and CDD Operations are informed and support in actions are taken to quickly remediate the issues.
- Participate in the discussions of lessons learned from audit findings, FCC and CDD Operations assurance activities and specific investigations and support in the implementation of same.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure to support in the implementation of directives of Bank of Ghana (BOG) / Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC) / Economic & Organised Crime Office (EOCO).
- Bank of Ghana (BOG)
- Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC)
- Economic & Organised Crime Office (EOCO)
- Compliance Officers Association of Ghana
- Local ACAMs Chapter, Ghana
- Other relevant industry stakeholders
- Embed “Here for Good” and Group’s brand and values in country.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by Head, Compliance under Country or Functional policies and procedures.
- Multiple functions (double hats) as and when required (General Compliance Function)
- University degree and professional qualification (CAMs) will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply.
Application Deadline: 19th March 2020.