Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University of Cape Coast (UCC) Recruitment 2020.The University of Cape Coast (UCC) was established in October 1962, primarily to serve as a leader in teacher education in the country. It was elevated to the status of a full and independent University by an Act of Parliament in 1971 (Act 390) and subsequently the University of Cape Coast Law 1992 (PNDC Law 278). It is an equal opportunity University, uniquely placed to provide a quality education through the provision of comprehensive liberal and professional programs that challenge learners to be creative, innovative and morally responsible citizens. The University of Cape Coast currently has a total student population of 70,300 comprising 21,617 Regular students, 8,152 Sandwich students, and 40,531 Distance Learning students.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director (Director of Public Affairs)
- Have a two-Year Post-graduate degree in Public Relations/Affairs, Communication or Journalism with relevant professional or public relations experience.
- Be an accredited member of a recognized relevant professional body.
- Have at least 8 years of post-qualification senior level experience as practitioner and possess considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills, and be able to function within the Higher Education Sector.
- Have high-level analytical skills, business sense as well as a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues and challenges in top-level University management and administration.
- Have served or must be serving as Deputy Registrar/Deputy Director or analogous grade in a university or analogous institution.
The Director shall head the Directorate of Public Affairs and shall be responsible to the Registrar for University protocol, organising official University events, documenting University history, culture and symbols as well as oversight of the University’s Campus Broad Casting Services.
He/she will be the central spokesperson for the University and shall plan and implement the strategic and operational aspects of the Public Relations and Corporate Affairs of the University.
Tenure of Office
The position, which is full time, is for a four-year term, renewable upon application for a second term only.
How To Apply for UCC Recruitment
Interested applicants who have met the above-listed criteria should please submit completed application forms obtainable from the Directorate of Human Resource (Senior Members Section) or from the University website: www.ucc.edu.gh together with curriculum vitae, a Vision Statement and other relevant supporting documents to:
University of Cape Coast
Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address
Application Deadline: 31st March 2020.