Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Wayoe Engineering Recruitment 2020. The application deadline is 19th February 2020.
Wayoe Engineering & Construction Limited is a privately-owned Ghanaian engineering and construction company with world-class capabilities spanning across the client value chain. We operate a business model comprising of fabrication detailing, procurement and construction services delivering integrated solutions to our clients. WEC’s principal offices are strategically located in Takoradi, Ghana and Johannesburg, South Africa, with additional registered offices in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Mali, and Sierra Leone.
- Company: Wayoe Engineering and Constructions Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Takoradi
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Material Analyst
The Material Analyst reports to the Production Coordinator.
Direct Reports: None
A Material Analyst is responsible for the request, receipt, storage and retrieval of materials for projects to proceed steadily.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Timely delivery of materials in right quantity and quality for work to proceed without delay.
Working Environment/Exposure to Risk
- Air-conditioned office
- Mostly on the workshop floor and laydown area with minimal exposure to dust.
- Frequent telephone conversations with functional units
- Analyse / study what materials are going to be issued for production based on the availability of IFC Drawings, Project Schedule, Engineering Final MTO (Material Take Off).
- Execute specific procedures and ensure all supporting documents and records are maintained.
- Prepare feasibility report in order to identify the list of materials that are going to be issued to production as per priority and Project over all schedule
- Give notice to the contractors for material to be issued directly to them.
- Prepare Material Coupon for the issuance of materials that are to be issued for Site Production.
- Plan the offloading, storage and safekeeping of equipment/material in specific laydown and/or warehouse areas using the respective pre-alert documentation (local and international).
- Receive materials on site, taking note of tag numbers and condition of equipment.
- Compile an OS and D Report (over, short or damaged). Keep a photographic record.
- Advise the responsible Supervisor and or Production Coordinator regarding damages for insurance purposes.
- Coordinate with Engineering Section for Plates, Bolts and EI/HT concern.
- Coordinate with Planning Dept and Site/WorkShop Team for the activity schedule such as Fabrication, Assembly and Erection
- Coordinate with Warehouse Section for the availabilty and preparation of the materials as per issued/requested Material Coupon.
- Responsible for inventory of Materials such as Plates, Bolts and EI/HT
- Report to Production Coordinator and Project Control Manager for miscellaneous reports.
- Prepare Nesting Request to Engineering in standard format in order to provide cutting and drillng programs to Production.
- Prepare workpacks for production works at Fabrication Area.
- Make sure that Plates are fully utilized accordingly and properly (until the materials end as scrap).
- Prepare, update and submit weekly report to Production Coordinator.
- Analyze and prepare issuance of bolts and inventory of materials with regards to all Structural works of the Project.
- Coordinate with Site/Workshop Team according to priority, urgency and schedule.
- Analyze and prepare issuance of Electrical / Instrument items according to the prepared/final Engineering MTO.
- Prepare and update summary per MTO that is to be used for final reconciliation.
- Prepare and confirm issuance of materials for hydro testing as per request by the Engineering and Site Team
- Address all document related queries with immediate supervisor.
- Serve as an interface with the project team.
- Ensure good housekeeping to avoid delays and safety hazards
- Maintain good document control for audit purpose.
- Scanning of required documentation to the shared drive.
- Practice good inventory management to enable the project deadlines to be achieved.
- Carry out all reasonable instructions by the Production Coordinator.
- Ensures that interactions with all Stakeholders are conducted in professional and respectful manner
- Ensures that all relevant stakeholders are kept informed and up to date on status of materials
- Takes ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Proactive, results driven and committed
- Values innovation and diversity of ideas
- Positive – “can do” attitude
- Internal: Project and Construction Site Managers, Procurement Team and Stores.
- External: Suppliers, Freight Forwarders and Logistics Companies.
Judgement and Complexity
Judgement of the jobholder is highly required in the following:
- Being safety conscious in executing the job
Responsibility for Assets
- Computer and other IT tools and equipment under his/her care
Level of Authority
- The jobholder’s authority is limited to making recommendations and seeking approval
- BSc Mechanical Engineering, HND Mechanical or Civil Engineering or related Engineering Discipline
- Logistic and Supply Chain, Purchasing & Supply, Procurement Supply Chain Management, etc
- Material Management
- Full MS Office Package at minimum intermediate level
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role at a comparable level in a company
- Worked within an EPCM/Mining or Oil and Gas environment
- At least five (5) years extensive work experience within the mining, construction, Oil and Gas and a heavy lifting industry
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply to state the job title as the subject line by submitting their application and CV to:
The Human Resources and Local Content Development Lead
Wayoe Engineering and Construction Limited
Market Circle, Takoradi
Email: [email protected].
Application Deadline: 12th March 2020